Kindermusik With Notable Kids

Inspiring a Lifetime of Potential... Offering the best Music & Movement classes for babies, toddlers, & preschoolers.

Friday, December 28, 2007

Another First

Angels, yes? Depends on the mood and how much one (ie: me) needs to get done. Can you see the glint in their eyes?

I decided I had better get a mailer out announcing our upcoming Winter Camps just in case anyone hadn't heard about them yet. I had managed to assemble all but 10 last night, but ran out of envelopes, and had run tragically short on stamps.

So today, in all my effort to be efficient, we headed up to Caulfield Village for a quickish stop before taking both animals to the vet (in Coquitlam - don't ask). The plan was to tuck into Pharmasave for stamps, duck over to Starbucks for "lunch" while I assembled the remaining 10 mailers and put stamps on the 160 envelopes that still required them. We could then pop back to the postal outlet to make sure the letters got out today.

However, I forgot how much a stamp could seem like a sticker, and how desperately 4 year olds like stickers. Especially when there are hundreds of them on really fun rolls that zing off a small circular table dotted with warm chocolate, latte, whole wheat croissant, and fruit. Apparently a 4 year old has no regard for the fact that some stamps are 51 cents EACH; they are every bit as valuable as the dollar store dolphin stickers that I allow him to adorn every body surface with.

We managed to get all but 2 of the stamps close to where they needed to be, and no hot beverages were spilled. Piper did create some lovely floor art with a significant portion of her lunch, but we got the mail in on time. The animals even got to the vet on time - in fact, we were a week early. Bless them for taking us anyway - I don't think I could have corralled the cat again.

Needless to say, if you receive an envelope that isn't quite flat, or has a stamp at a particularly strange angle that may or may not be in the top right corner, you will have received a mailer that was put together with love and a whole heap of patience!

1 Comments:

At 8:01 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha. This scenario is all too familiar minus driving the pets to Coquitlam which I'm sure adds a whole new dimension. I wish we were closer and could get your mailer and be in your classes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home