Kindermusik With Notable Kids

Inspiring a Lifetime of Potential... Offering the best Music & Movement classes for babies, toddlers, & preschoolers.

Thursday, April 19, 2007

I Did It!


Can you spot me? I'm near the back, although I did place 30,314th or something...

Many, many thanks to my mom for running alongside me like a Jack Russell Terrier, full of positive energy and enthusiasm. Many thanks, too, to Femie for training with me (almost) every Thursday night. Thanks to all those, especially Granna & Poppa, who looked after Piper on my training nights, and to Mary who took them both while I ran in the afternoon. Thanks to Poppa for looking after Jacob & Piper the big morning of. Maybe next year you can come down and cheer me on. (Now that I know I won't be dying on the sidelines somewhere...)

Never in a million years did I think I would run a 10k. I haven't run more than a 1/2 a block since high school! It has been a wonderful experience. The best part by far, is that I can play tag with Jacob for 45 minutes without loosing my breath or begging him to play a new game. That is what makes all the time away worthwhile. And that is what will keep me running.

2 Comments:

At 6:21 a.m., Blogger Sarah Flack said...

Good for you!! I've always wanted to take up running but can never get past the "Oh no, I can't catch my breath, I'm going to throw up" feeling that I get after about, oh a few steps or so. :-) Seriously, great job!

 
At 9:38 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yaaayyyy Carolyn!!! I am so impressed and inspired - not only by the Sun Run, but that you can keep up with Jacob for 45 minutes. That's no small feat either ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home